Medical Records

We are committed to providing health care in a manner that demonstrates respect for patients and their families. As a patient, we recognize you have certain rights, such as to receive a copy of your medical record.

To have copies of your medical record sent to another healthcare provider or individual, use our Release of Information Form. You can fax or mail the release of information to us. Our contact information is below.

It typically takes seven to ten business days to complete your request, so please plan accordingly. To protect your health information, we fax or mail the records.

Keep in mind there may be fees associated with gathering your medical records. It varies by situation. We will consult with you and you approve any fees before we begin.

MSU Health Care Medical Records
804 Service Rd., A 109G
East Lansing, MI  48824

Phone: (517) 353-4905
Fax: (517) 432-2364

Patient Request for Amendment

Sometimes you would like to have your protected health information amended. In order to process your request within the scope of the law, submit the Request for Amendment of Protected Health Information.